Monday, September 7, 2009

Shots

I got a steroid shot on my right wrist due to excruciating pain from tendonitis. I had the pain since Elijah's birth and it finally came to the point where I could not stand it any longer. It has been really difficult to use my thumb and I had not realized how important the thumb is! Your hand is not very useful without it! Anyway, I am trying to not use my right hand as much but it is not very easy to do when you have a very active almost eight month old baby. Immediately after receiving the shot, I had relief but then about ten minutes later, the pain was more excruciating than before. So, I went back to the doctor to double check and he said I will not see any effect until three days later... Anyway, if the pain doesn't get better, he said I should come in again in three weeks for another injection. Hopefully, I won't have to go back to get another shot because it hurt!

Elijah also got his Hib B shot today after the mishapd about a month ago. We like our new doctor and he seems very thorough. The only complaint I have is that he poked the needle in too slowly. In the States, before I could even blink, the nurses were done with the injections. Elijah cried for a few seconds and as soon as it was out, he stopped and was ready to grab for something else he saw in the room.

He is now able to pick up the small pieces of rice puff fairly easily and is more or less able to put them into his mouth....He wants to do it on his own and he insists on it at times. I am looking forward to the Cheerios that grandma and grandpa will be delivering in a week. He is ready for some new finger food/snack!

Today, he also had yogurt, which he liked! (Thank you, Jesus!) He also so far has not shown any allergic reaction. (Thank you, Jesus again!) I am just so grateful that he seems to be doing well with food. A couple of people told me today that he looked bigger and chubbier. He could use a little more fat on his body! :)

No comments: