Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Dear Elijah's Ah-pa,

It's Elijah's um-ma here. I thought it is appropriate to write about all the wonderful ways that you take care of and show your love to our little Elijah. He is one lucky child to have a daddy like you. There are so many little things that you do that add up to big love. So, I thought I should jot some down here so that one day, Elijah might read it and know how much his daddy delights in him.

There are things that I as a mom cannot do very well, but you do them excellently. When we're traveling and have the stroller to carry up and down stairs where there are no elevators, you do it with so much enthusiasm. In the hot, humid weather, you never once complain about having to carry almost 10kg toddler in a stroller so that I can be hands-free.

You are so good at playing with him. Whenever there is something new Elijah has tried or seen, his first word that he uses to go with that experience is "Ah-pa." You are so good at helping him to explore the world around him. You're also great at including him in the things that you're excited about--whether it be the NBA championship, the World Cup, rock-climbing, or some new information you gleaned from somewhere. It brings me a lot of joy to see you not only enjoying the things that he loves, but to watch him get interested or excited about what you're enjoying at the moment. I love watching you two play Eli's version of hide-and-seek! ;)

He loves to wrestle and bounce around with you! I have tried it but it is not the same, I think! There is something purely male that I think he will continue to enjoy as he grows. I'm so glad that you can talk about cars, trucks, cricket, soccer, etc. ;)

It is so sweet to see how you make up slideshow/movie with his favorite things. Your techie ability is very appreciated both by your son and wife.

Lastly, it cracks me up that when he is looking for you, he goes to three places in the house--the bathroom, the main door, and our bedroom. We can keep the bathroom fun as our family's little secret. The main door, he knows you leave to go to the office. In the bedroom, he knows that you are praying or either working. He loves his ah-pa and wants to be near him.

He is his ah-pa's little boy and Elijah is very fortunate to have an ah-pa who is so devoted to him.

(I will have to add some photos later.)

Happy Father's Day to the BEST ah-pa in the world!

Love,
Your other half and Elijah

No comments: