Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Our Little Helper and Independent Boy

Every morning, Elijah helps mommy make her bed. He loves being a helper. He "tucks" in the bed sheet around the edges (of course, mommy follows him around and actually makes her bed). The other day, Paul asked him to go and put a plate on the table, and he did. He has no idea how much of a helper he is going to become once his brother(s) and/or sister(s) come along! But, it's fun to see him able to do so many things.

Today, he climbed into the car and then into his carseat all by himself. Also, he has begun trying to put on his shorts by himself. He loves being able to "master" certain tasks and we enjoy encouraging him to become more independent. One of my favorite moments is watching Elijah celebrate and celebrating with him his "victories." It brings me a lot of joy to rejoice with my son!

We're starting to think about enrolling him in a preschool when we return to the States starting in January when he turns two. FEC Glendale has one and it is only a few yards away from where we'll be staying in Glendale. So, we're starting to discuss our options. I think Elijah will actually really enjoy being in a structured classroom setting with other children. He had no problem being in Sunday school even though he had never met the kids or the teachers before. Another bonus I learned: the preschool will potty train your kid! I'm thinking I might take up on that offer, although we will see. ;) The next few weeks, I'm going to check out some preschools here in India too for when we return. We will see....

No comments: