For the last couple of days, at random points, he would say, "Jesus is coming back!!" I love having that reminder every day!
At Sunday school, I guess a boy in his class took a toy car away from him. Paul said that he was pretty upset and was crying when he went to pick him up, so we were processing that experience over lunch:
E: "Mommy, Noah take away my car."
M: "That must have been upsetting. Were you angry?"
E: "He take away!"
M: "You know Elijah, the next time someone tries to take away your toy, you can say, 'No! Don't take away my toy. I am still playing.' Or you can say, 'Here, you can have it.' Or, 'Wait! You need to wait your turn.' You can choose how you want to respond.
E: "Wait! You need to wait your turn!" (I guess that's the response he would like to give.)
M: "Did Noah apologize and say sorry?"
E: "No."
M: "I'm sorry Elijah that Noah took your toy car away. That was not very nice."
E: "Thanks, Mom." (I still can't believe that he responded with these words....I guess he understands when someone is being empathetic....)
As E is leaving for preschool, he says to me,
"Bye mom! Stay in the kitchen!!"
He forgot to add "barefoot and pregnant." :)
How random....
Today, after preschool, he wanted to play school.
E: "Mommy! I'm the teacher. You go sit over there!"
M: "Am I a student?"
E: "You, Winnie the Pooh, and King Babar... sit over there at school."
(I have this feeling that we're probably going to play school a lot and he probably will always be the teacher! I can already see him playing it with his twin sisters!)
I love his spontaneous, "Mommy, I love you." There is nothing like hearing those words from your child...
I Love You, Elijah!
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment