Sunday, July 11, 2010

Yosemite with the Liu's (July 8-11, 2010)

I am now trying to catch up on our last summer trip back to the States. Thank goodness for photos which help me remember what we did and when because there is no way I would be able to remember it all.

Yosemite is one place where Paul and I have visited the most as a couple and with friends. It holds a very special place in my heart. It is at a camping trip to Yosemite with a group of friends (before we started dating) that I realized that I really liked Paul. I love its beauty, majestic scenery, and grandeur. I have at points have said to Paul that when I die I want my ashes spread in Yosemite. It is a very special place for us with lots of great memories.

We have talked about doing a trip to Yosemite with Jeff, Sharon, Jordan, and Dylan a few years ago when we were out to the States but we never got around to doing it. So this time around, we made sure to get it in our calendar. It was even more special because Elijah also got to enjoy it. Of course, post-kids, we didn't hike up the Half Dome (we did it with J&S and we learned afterward that S was pregnant at the time!), but we did less strenuous hikes.




Elijah would probably say that his highlight of the trip was throwing rocks in the creek, playing with billiard balls on the pool table, driving through a tunnel, and eating a popsicle! Thanks for a fun and memorable time Uncle Jeff, Auntie Sharon, Jordan, and Dylan!


No comments: