Friday, December 11, 2009

A Sick Family

Elijah had fever for a couple of days, then runny nose which lasted only a day or two, and diarrhea for two days. I'm not sure what he had...Let me just say that my senses have been traumatized forever. How can a 11 month old produce such stinky poops? We had multiple changes of clothing and good wipe sessions.... (Of course, I would have preferred to just have him take a quick bath after each session but it's cold and there is no instant hot water.) It was still a little runny today but no other episodes so I think he might be over whatever it was that he had...

Unfortunately Paul and I are both dragging our feet. I have a case of a cold and food poisoning and Paul, food poisoning. We were invited to dinner last night and we wonder if the water was not boiled for very long....I was up in the middle of the night vomiting. Paul had the squirts all day. It is hard when both parents are sick at the same time. But, we made it through the day and are grateful that we did!

No comments: