This video is from November and I am finally getting around to posting. Elijah is using his walker to move around. However, he has yet to try walking on his own. As we have been watching Elijah, we are learning that he is a cautious explorer - not one to jump in head first. He approaches new things by sizing them up first and slowly seeing what he can do. He examines new objects before grabbing them. I have been surprised to see that when people offer new things, he doesn't take them right away. Moreover, he only takes things that he is interested in.
In many ways, his cautious approach has kept him from getting unnecessary bruises and falls. Initially I thought he would begin walking on his own by end of his tenth month, but it looks like it will take a little longer....I am not complaining though because once he starts walking, I think he will start running. That's what he does while he holds onto his dad. And, I am not sure if I am quite ready for the chase yet!
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you can catch him rebecca! all that marathon training will help you!
Post a Comment