Elijah is working so hard to communicate and I am working hard to understand what it is that he is trying to say. He can be very emphatic sometimes! But in the last week, Paul and I have had moments where we just looked at each other because we were having that moment, "Did you hear what I thought I heard?!" So some of the words, we are certain that we heard him say are,
"All DONE!" with the sign language. We were surprised to hear two words, "All done" so clearly enunciated. If I try to feed him, he emphatically says, "DONE!" as if he is trying to say, "Mom, I know that you know what that means....I'm done so get me off this chair now!"
"This/That" as he points to things that he wants or wants me to identify for him.
"Ah-pa!" He said this word for daddy in Korean so clearly the other day at the hospital that even the Nepalis looked at him and smiled. (The word for daddy in Korean is also used by some ethic groups in Nepal too.)
"Chaek" which is the word for book in Korean. Although Paul swear that he thought he heard the word, "book" a few weeks ago too.
"...te!" he is trying to say, "Namaste." He hasn't quite figured out how to say it, but he does the hand motion and says, "te" to our neighbors.
"Vroom.." for cars and motorcycles--he is obsessed with them.
The other day, I read to him and then, I gave him the book and said, "now, it's Elijah's turn to read to mom." To our amazement, he began imitating reading page by page. Paul and I were pretty blown away!
Some other funny things he does that are worth remembering:
He constantly blows whenever he sees candles now because he knows that you blow a candle out. He must have blown out his number one birthday candle a dozen times by now....
I showed him how to breathe on the window and draw pictures. He sits by the window, breathes out hot air, and draws!
Paul drew some random pictures of faces on a piece of paper and whenever he sees them, he laughs.
There are more but I can't seem to remember them all at this late hour.... we love watching him grow!
Oh yes, we can't forget--Elijah now stands up on his own and is trying to do it quite frequently. So, perhaps in a month or two, we might see this kid walking/running? I think as soon as he can walk, he will be running!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what a smart little guy.
Post a Comment