Today, I packed away all of Elijah's 0-3 months clothes. He grew out of his 0-3 month old clothes while we were up north and I had to purchase a few 3=6 month old clothes to tie us over while we were there. He is definitely not a new born. It is amazing how quickly they grow...Elijah turned three months old old on April 8th and this stage is a lot of fun. He is so alert, is able to squeal, laugh, and coo, and is so interactive. One new thing he has begun to do is sing with me when I am singing.... it is the cutest thing to watch and hear.
For the first time, he took the rattle to his mouth this morning.... I wonder if this is the beginnings of many more explorations using the mouth.
While we were in northern California the past three weeks, he was a trooper as we took him from one gathering to the next, meeting new people, and being passed around like a hot potato. However, now that we are back in LA, I have been thinking about trying to see if we could get him into some kind of a regular schedule. He did great today taking regular naps in his pack n play and was in good mood. I started writing down his play and nap times to see if I can see a natural pattern to his schedule....I think he definitely has one. I've been also thinking about whether I need to sleep train him, but I don't know if it is necessary because he already goes down for bed by 8pm and wakes up only once for a feeding or sleeps through the night... does this mean that he is already sleep trained? I was thinking that I would want to work on his naps but today, he did great. As soon as I saw that he was tired and drowsy, I put him down in his crib and he would go right down to sleep.... I'll see how he does next few days.
As I put him down to sleep for the night, it occurred to me how much he had grown just in three weeks...now, he goes down for sleep without being rocked, he has to sleep horizontally because he is too long the other way, and I often feel like he is communicating to me with words (coos) more than cries. He is a sweet little man and I thank God everyday for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment