Paul and I decided that if we can, we would prefer to have him use the pacifier, instead of his thumb. Mainly, as I imagine going back to India, I felt like it would be easier to keep the pacifier clean than the thumb. Until today, the pacifier has been working great. But, all day today, he kept rejecting the pacifier (both old and new) and preferring his hand... so, who knows, maybe he will choose for all of us that he likes the hand/thumb/fingers better! I'll try again tomorrow and see if he will accept the pacifier.
Elijah first found his thumb on March 1, 2009 at church.Today, he weighed 13 pounds and 7 ounces at 14 weeks old. I swear, he knows when we're playing because I started this little game saying, "Are you gonna eat mama?" and he would open his mouth wide, push his head forward, and lean in to give me a big wet kiss and laugh! I love it!!
People have told me that around month 3, you really start to get into a groove with being a new mom, and I am starting to find that it is kind of true. My body feels much more adjusted to his feeding needs, I am starting to read his cues better, nursing no longer feels like work, and I get to enjoy watching his little personality develop more. I wonder what 4 months will be like?
No comments:
Post a Comment