Friday, April 24, 2009

Two feet

I am having so much fun as a mom watching Elijah discover new things about himself. The last few days, I noticed him looking at his feet a lot as if he was studying them intently. This morning, he discovered them with his hands and were holding them. I had Paul take the photos but he couldn't quite get him to do it again when we were ready for a photo shot. I wonder when the feet will actually go into his mouth!

Well, we are still trying to figure out what is going on, but we are wondering if our dear son is starting to reject the bottle. One theory is that he just isn't as hungry the first thing in the morning because he had a feeding at 3 or 4am.... and the other theory is that he has developed a preference and no longer is interested in being fed from the bottle. Initially, I was a little sad that he was rejecting the bottle because it felt as though I would lose some freedom I felt in being able to rely on the bottle for him when I am not around. But, as I think about going back to India, maybe it will be more practical to just not bother with bottles since electricity is not as reliable and I can't rely on the fridge to work always to store my breast milk. We will test out the two theories and see if we could come to some conclusion about this new behavior.

I think the next developmental thing for Elijah might be rolling over.... he is so close to doing it. I helped him today to roll over from his back to front today and he rolled right into a tummy time position. I could tell he thought it was different and he seemed to enjoy it a lot.



No comments: