Saturday, August 22, 2009

New Developments


Today, he figured out how to get himself into a sitting position on his own from lying on his tummy. I went in to check up on him after a few minutes of crying (doing the Ferber method for sleep training) and he was sitting up and crying. He did it once in the late afternoon...so I guess he has figured it out. (BTW, he went down to sleep after 7 minutes of crying and screaming his head off.)

Also, he is starting to transition from the "commando" crawl to a regular crawl, where he is pushing himself up and kneeling. He has been also wanting to stand up more. I wonder if Elijah is going to be an early walker or whether he would just crawl for a long time because he likes being able to move around that way....

Here's a video of him crawling. The quality is not that great and I didn't do a good job of videotaping, but I hope you enjoy it!! :)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

look at elijah go! time to get some high shelves to put stuff on!