Thursday, August 13, 2009

Super Baby Food

This book is great. In some ways it has way more information than I can possibly read or absorb at this point, but it is a great reference book for first time moms who are starting their babies on solids. However, I am also discovering that some of the food suggestions for when and what to introduce certain foods are not that useful as I am limited to only veggies and fruits that are in season. It is not like America where everything is "in season." So, I've pretty much scrapped the suggestions and found towards the end of the book a reference guide that lists different fruits and veggies and the seasons that they are available, with information about what month of a baby's development it'd be good to introduce them. Elijah is now eating oats and has tried summer squash. He seems to like them. Surprisingly, he does not seem to like 100% pure apple juice we found here. Next week, I am thinking about giving carrots, green beans, or guava a try. :) Let's see if you like any of them, Elijah!

No comments: