Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cutie Pies

While Paul was leading his session at the Youth Conference, I was on Elijah duty! There was a family with a toddler a month older than Elijah so we spent some time playing with the mother and her son. Elijah loved being there. I'm not sure why, but he never sat on the ground but would only squat. I don't know if that is because he sees me squatting all the time... He found the sensation of fine dry dirt really interesting and eventually stuck his fingers in his mouth to taste it. I am finding that Elijah really likes being in remote villages because he is so intrigued by all the animals he sees. Also, he gets to chase them around as though they are his own pets! Of course, he was having so much fun that daddy told me at the end of the day that he refused to take a nap. No wonder he conked out as soon as we got in the car. We were especially grateful that God answered our prayers for cooler weather because it could have been really hot.
The Little Explorers Off to an Adventure! (With close supervision....) ;)

Aren't they adorable? I think they are!
One of the things Elijah loves to do is to sit on steps, stools, chairs, and thresholds.
The Adivasi toddler gave Elijah a big bear hug. Elijah wants to get away and have his independence back! ;)

No comments: