Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Amazing growth....

When I think about how different Elijah is developmentally even from a month (sometimes a day) ago, it baffles my mind. I feel like I am interacting with a completely different little being (although still adorable as one can be). I've been finding myself more tired recently because he has not been sleeping well at night. He wakes up twice at night, which is quite unusual for him. Sometimes he is up and is wide awake and wants to play! There is some sort of shift happening I think in his sleep pattern....I think he is now switching from 3-4 naps during the day to 2 naps (morning and afternoon). But, the two naps are longer, which is nice for me. But, when he is awake, he is constantly on the go or wanting interaction. I hope I can keep up with him! ;)

We also have a crawler now. He now is able to move from a sitting position into a crawling position. And, when he sees something that interests him, he crawls and gets it.

Separation anxiety has also begun. I can't even go to the bathroom these days without him crying when he sees that I am not in the same room. He would be playing on his own and then suddenly he'll notice that I am gone and would call out for me. He still does well with people but he looks around to make sure I am around. When I am not there, he doesn't fuss that much but as soon as I am back, he wants to come back to me.

He definitely is keeping me on my toes! I love this stage but I am also finding it to be more challenging both physically and mentally.

Pictures below: Elijah sees the sunscreen tube and wants it. Do you see his focus and how he is lunging for it? He is strong!! Imagine now, he does this pretty much all day. I have to make sure that there is nothing interesting around me when I am nursing him so that he doesn't suddenly stop nursing and go for whatever interesting object he sees. ;)


These are some photos with Korean nunas (older sister) and hyoung (older brother) from the Korean moms group. Elijah is the youngest so he gets lots of attention and love. He now gets mad if someone takes his toy away, and if someone tries to grab it from him, he holds on to it for dear life! He made an older kid cry!!!

1 comment:

Judy Hung Liang said...

oh rebecca. if he's that active now, just wait until he crawls and then walks and then runs! i totally hear you on being in awe by how much these littles ones change day to day, week to week, month to month! my baby is almost 17 months and it still boggles my mind how much their minds are like sponges.