Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Eating Saga Continues...



No bananas cut up, please.
I want the whole thing to hold and eat.
Mama says big bites are a choking hazard,
But I say that is okay.
Mama can always dig her fingers in get it out.

I am too smart to be tricked by mama now.
She mixes in bits of cheese with cheerios,
But I don't fall for that sneaky trick.
Oh no! I pick through and only pick out cheerios.
Sorry mama. Any new tricks up your sleeves?

My favorite sign during meal time is "All done."
Mama complains that I sign, "All done," even when I am not.
She is right.
Sometimes, I am not "all done" being hungry,
But I am all done with the food if I don't like it.
My "all done" sign often gets me off that booster seat,
Because I'd rather play than eat.
As my baba says I eat to live,
I don't live to eat.

Mama works hard to make sure I get good food,
But, I might be like baba when he was little,
I might be a picky eater and not that interested in food,
If that is the case, baba says, I am gonna be one skinny boy just like he was,
One day, you might be able to count all my ribs.

So, the saga continues.... but, don't be too frustrated mom.
Remember, until I am one years old,
most of my nutrients still should come from breastmilk.
And, I know that you have plenty to keep me happy and healthy.

No comments: