Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gaining New Skills

I have been really enjoying the process of watching Elijah develop and gain new skills and confidence. In particular, I love watching him celebrate his victories!

Yesterday, he for the first time put a spoon in his mouth. Today, he seemed to do it with ease and actually fed himself a couple of bites of apple, strawberry, and banana mix that his grandpa and grandma had brought for him. He now drinks from sippy cup on his own and has figured it out that you have to lift the cup up a bit for the water to flow more easily. We offered him some juice that we were drinking with a straw and he figured out how it worked and seemed pleased when he did. (He probably liked the sweetness of juice.)

I feel like he has graduated from the baby stage and has definitely entered the pre-toddler stage. He seems more and more like a little boy...

Here's a video of his spoon handling skill. He's got the idea, that's for sure!


No comments: