We read it together before he goes to sleep. The famous line in the book is, "I want my mommy!" Grandma Ann and Grandpa Phil brought the book for Elijah last year and he seems to really like it. The gist of the story is that the baby owls wake up one night and they discover that their owl mother is gone. The two older owls speculate about why their mommy might be gone, while the youngest baby owl, Bill, repeats again and again, "I want my mommy!"
I started to wean him from his bed-time nursing by taking off a minute every night. Last night, he was a little whiny and was trying to lift up my shirt, signing more. But, I told him that we were all done for the night. He stopped whining and asked me to read the book Owl Babies. We read it twice last night before he fell asleep in my arms. Tonight, he didn't whine at all. He just asked that I read the book three times and then fell asleep in my arms. I think he enjoyed just being snuggled up in my arms... Oh, yes, and I have started giving him one fluoride pill before sleep and he seems to like it as a little "treat" before bed-time now that nursing is coming to an end. I wasn't sure how everything would go, but so far, it has not been stressful. I am really thankful for that.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment