Elijah loves his Lego. So does his ah-pa! Sometimes I wonder who loves Lego more--Elijah or Paul? They love building things together or next to each other. Last night, Paul was building a nice tunnel for Elijah's trains and tracks. Elijah was building something different on his own.
M: "Elijah, what are you building with the Lego?"
E: "I'm making a dinosaurus."
M: "A dinosaurus?"
(I ask P, is there such a thing as dinosaurus?" I was wondering why he was saying dinosaurus instead of dinosaur. P interprets that he has heard various names of different types of dinosaurs ending with "--aurus" so he added that and made up his own word. We both thought that was pretty clever.)
M: "Does the dinosaurus have a name?"
E: "Ah-guh dinosauraus. (ah-guh is Korean word for alligator.)
E: Pointing to one end, "This is his tail. His mouth and eyes are on the other side."
I wish I had taken a picture of his dinosaurus. It looked pretty cool.
E: "Dinosaurus is in school! I leave him now. Bye! Dinosaurus. I come back for you."
Pause....
E: "Dinosaurus, I am back to pick you up. I sign you out first." (He goes and grabs a piece of paper pretending to sign him out."
After preschool, I usually ask him how his morning was, what he did, etc. Today, I asked him if anyone at preschool cried.
M: "Elijah, did anyone in your class cry today?"
E: "Sarah."
M: "Why did she cry?"
E: Making a sad face and using whiny voice, he says, "mommy, mommy, mommy."
M: "Is she a new girl? Was she missing her mommy?"
E: "Sarah's mommy always comes back. It's okay." (I wonder if that's what he thinks about when he thinks of comforting her.)
A pause....
E: "I missed you mommy. Ah-pa came back for Elijah. Mommy didn't come back"
M: "I missed you too, Elijah. Mommy can't go outside except to see the doctor because her tummy hurts. But, I'm glad you came back for mommy after preschool. I was waiting for you."
Oh, how much he has grown....I love my tender moments with him.
After my fetal monitoring, I came home and brought the straps that they use during the non-stress test. I showed him how they wrap the straps around my stomach and how they listen for the babies' heart beat.
E: "Mommy, I want to listen to your heart beat."
He goes and gets his "doctor bag" which has the stethoscope and takes it out. He puts it on my heart and listens. Then, he puts it on my stomach and listens for babies'.
M: "Thump, thump, thump... can you heart them?"
E: "Yes." "Mommy, you listen to my heart."
M: "Everything sounds perfect."
Every morning, we have a short Bible reading and worship time. I love it when Elijah wakes up and says,
E: "It's Bible reading time!" (still lying in bed)
Paul reads a short verse for the day and gives a short explanation.
E: "Let's sing!"
P: "What do you want to sing?"
E: "This is the day!"
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment