It has been really interesting to watch Elijah's language development. He loves to talk and these days, he does a lot of pretend playing, having conversations with his stuffed animals, trains, or with himself about what he is doing. One of the areas where I can tell he is still trying to figure out is the use of different pronouns. For example, he would always say, "Mommy, thank you for feeding you." He actually means, "Thank you for feeding me." But, because he hears me say, "Let me feed you," he thinks me is you.
Today, I asked him during his nap time, "Do you want to go on my bed or your bed?" And he responded, "My bed." So, I put him in his bed and said, "Ok. You're in your bed." Then, he said, "No, my bed!" because in his mind, when mommy says, "my bed," it means mommy's bed and he wanted to be in mommy's bed. Afterward, I could see on his face that the wheels were turning and that he was trying to figure something out..... we'll see how long it takes to figure out the pronouns! :)
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment