Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Developmental Leaps

He is growing by leaps and bounce!!
  • Now he is able to sit up on his own for longer periods of time. He still falls over but I think we're almost there to sitting up independently.
  • He has a tooth out. I can't figure out a way to take a photo of it though.
  • He continues to love reading. It has been fun to see him respond and interact with certain books that were of no interest to him before.
  • He is much more independent--he knows what he wants, reaches out and grabs for them, can play on his own or with us for longer stretches of time (less sleep), is much more interested in exploring the world around him rather than interacting with us, and he now expresses his frustration or discontentment with this particular expression on his face.
We will start solids in a week. I can tell he is ready because he is now trying to grab our food and intently looks at us as we eat. We have been using the spoon to give him his medicine for acid reflux and he seems to do okay (although I'm thinking of using my hand initially to feed him, like the locals.) He seems to be doing better with acid reflux. I am going to try reintroducing dairy in my diet and see how it affects him. If I can eat dairy, it will allow for more variety in my diet for sure!!


1 comment:

Jesh said...

Love that face! Love him!