Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More Highlights

Elijah pooped for the first time in the toilet on Friday! Yes, he did! I've been able to tell more these days when he is about to go and do his deed, so as soon as I could see that it was going to happen, I took him to the toilet to give it a try. He went for it!! It saved mommy one poopy diaper wash!! I'm thinking of getting a small kiddie toilet or a toilet seat so that I could do that without killing my wrists from holding him. ;) I have the proof of the deed in the form of a photo, but I thought it was kind of gross to post. Today, I got him there a little too late....So, why is it that the idea of wiping my own butt with my hand totally grosses me out, but I have no problem wiping my son's poopy butt with my hand under the shower?

I survived my first illness as a mom with the help of a wonderful husband and daddy who let me sleep all day long except to feed Elijah. I missed holding, playing, and kissing Elijah, but it was nice to also sleep all day. :)

I am learning that Elijah do not enjoy being in places where it is really loud with way too much stimulation. The only time I remember him having what you might call it a "melt down" was when we were having a reunion with a few friends and all their children before we left for India. He was cranky and just fussy.... Today, we were with other Korean moms and their children (and yes, we Koreans can be quite loud), and he was cranky and fussy too. As soon as we left for a quiet place, he was fine. He likes other kids but all the noises from the toys and talking, he did not seem to care for much. He also had a bit of crying episode at the mall in the elevator, in a very enclosed space with lots of people.... It reminded me of myself actually because after some time, I can't stand the loud noises either and I have to get to the bathroom and sit there by myself to catch my breath and for some peace!

He is saying "mamama" more. He calls when he wants my attention, lifts up his arms when he wants to be picked up, and pouts when he is unhappy.

Someone said that usually a baby's activity level in the womb is reflective of what he/she might be like outside of the womb. Well, he was one active little one in the womb....wouldn't stay still that the doctors had really hard time taking ultrasound photos....Well, he is Active!! Either he is sitting up playing with his toys, on his belly trying to grab whatever interests him, or asking us to hold him so that he can stand up and bounce up and down.... It's getting hard to even put a diaper on him!

I tried sweet potatoes (this time using the Earth's Best Jar) that I brought from the States and he ate it....I still don't think he liked it that much but he ate and didn't spit it out. No allergic reactions. Tomorrow, we will start carrots!

1 comment:

Jesh said...

Give him a big kiss for his auntie and cousins!