...for a six month old to cue his mommy when his diaper needs to be changed? Ever since we started using the cloth diaper, I feel like he has been letting me know when it is wet. He used to never do this, but he'll suddenly stop playing and lightly hit my lap with his hands or come to me as if he wants my attention. Initially, I thought he was asking to be fed, but it was not the case...Each time I would respond and check his diaper, it would be wet and he wanted it to be changed....He also does a similar kind of thing if he wants me to hold him when he is feeling tired.
...that Elijah now knows his name? Whenever I would call his name, he turns to look at me... or is he just responding to my voice?
...that he already has a sense of humor? It's different than knowing we are playing together. He seems to know when I am joking with him. For example, I would give him a Zoolander look (no words, no sounds, just a glance) and he would break out into laughter. Sometimes, if it is not that funny, he'll kind of give that "half-laugh" that says, "It wasn't that funny but I'll laugh to make you feel better mom..." It is quite interesting and endearing to observe his developing sense of humor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
dude rebecca - you are so brave to use cloth diapers. i've heard of people who tried and then they chose to go with disposable.
well, it's not bravery, i tell you. it's more out of a practical necessity and conviction living here. disposables are available here but if you compare it to how much people live on, it's an expensive luxury. we use it only when we go out or when he sleeps at night. you know, it's not bad at all. you just have to change him a lot more often and there is more work involved on your end, but everything here takes more work anyway....just part of living life in a developing country. i think i might have him go without his diaper when we're home too and just have him pee on the floor as nothing is carpeted and easy to clean...i guess you learn to pick and choose which hassle you prefer! ;)
yes...you are such a good mommy!
Post a Comment