Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The jury is in...

no sweet potatoes for our son. He doesn't like it. I did not get to test it out to see if he is sensitive to it because he refused to let me feed him....How did he let me know that he does not like sweet potatoes? He kept his mouth shut, puckered up his lips like he does when he's unhappy about something, and finally he spit it out. So, I stopped trying and pureed bananas to give him. He liked bananas! So amazing that at six months, he knows what he likes and what he doesn't like....I tell ya, babies are little people, that's for sure!

3 comments:

Jesh said...

man, sweet potatoes are the easiest portable lunches around, that and bananas.....
he seems like his mom in the knows what he likes category! love, eun joo

Judy Hung Liang said...

try sweet potatoes again in a week or two. you never know. these babies can be finicky. when i initially gave her sweet potatoes, i mixed it with breastmilk.... :)

G-Kids Mom said...

I'll try again in a week of two. I haven't been mixing it with my breastmilk just to double make sure that it is not something from my breastmilk that he might be having a reaction to...but then, I guess since I breastfeed him before I give him solids, it probably wouldn't make any difference. Thanks for the tip...

He sure does know what he likes and doesn't like!! He might be more like his dad in being picky about food....Paul was extremely a picky eater when he was a kid...we shall see.